"These slightly sweet carrots with a hint of cardamom go over big whenever I serve them. They're particularly nice at holidays," says field editor Joan Hallford of North Richland Hills, Texas.
Recommended: Fall Spices
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into 2-inch julienned strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add carrots and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. In a large skillet, combine the butter, brown sugar, cardamom and orange peel. Cook and stir over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Add carrots; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cardamom Carrots in Taste of Home October/November 2003, p13
Reviews forCardamom Carrots
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 1, 2012
"I loved the recipe, others say it's too sweet. I wouldn't change a thing."