- 2 pounds carrots, cut into 2-inch julienned strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water, carrots and salt to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a large skillet, combine the butter, brown sugar, cardamom and orange peel. Cook and stir over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Add carrots; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCardamom Carrots
"I loved the recipe, others say it's too sweet. I wouldn't change a thing."