Caramelized Onion Dip Recipe
Once you taste this fabulous dip, you'll never go back to store-bought french onion dip. While it take a little longer to make, I promise it's worth every minute. —Kelly Gardner, Alton, Illinois
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Potato chips, corn chips and/or assorted fresh vegetables
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool completely.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, yogurt, onion powder and salt; stir in two-thirds cooked onions. Transfer to a serving bowl; top with remaining onions. Serve with chips and vegetables. Yield: 2 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without chips and vegetables): 117 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Caramelized Onion Dip
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC