Once you taste this fabulous dip, you'll never go back to store-bought french onion dip. While it take a little longer to make, I promise it's worth every minute. —Kelly Gardner, Alton, Illinois
Featured In: Classy Appetizers for Your Oscars Party
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Potato chips, corn chips and/or assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, yogurt, onion powder and salt; stir in two-thirds cooked onions. Transfer to a serving bowl; top with remaining onions. Serve with chips and vegetables. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Caramelized Onion Dip in Appetizers for Every Occasion 2012 2012, p99
Reviews forCaramelized Onion Dip
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 2, 2017
"Prepared as written EXCEPT, I added a few cloves of garlic in with the onions. We love onions and garlic. Great recipe for onion lovers! Thanks for sharing Kelly!"