Caramel Truffles Recipe
These candies disappear as fast as I can make them. The five-ingredient microwave recipe is easy and fun to make. When drizzled with white almond bark and packaged with ribbon, they make a pretty gift. -Charlotte Midthun Granite Falls, Minnesota
- 26 caramels
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1. Line an 8-in. square dish with plastic wrap; set aside. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the caramels, milk chocolate chips and cream. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave 1 minute longer, stirring every 15 seconds or until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Spread into prepared dish; refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- 2. Using plastic wrap, lift candy out of pan. Cut into 30 pieces; roll each piece into a 1-in. ball. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt semi-sweet chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip caramels in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Refrigerate until firm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
2 truffles equals 219 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC