- 26 caramels
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Line an 8-in. square dish with plastic wrap; set aside. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the caramels, milk chocolate chips and cream. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave 1 minute longer, stirring every 15 seconds or until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Spread into prepared dish; refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Using plastic wrap, lift candy out of pan. Cut into 30 pieces; roll each piece into a 1-in. ball. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt semi-sweet chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip caramels in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Refrigerate until firm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forCaramel Truffles
"I took these to work and they quickly disappeared!!"
"I've been making these every Christmas for several years and everyone loves them. I just read some of the reviews and someone used PAM on the plastic wrap. What a great idea because that caramel is hard to get off the plastic. Thank you for a great recipe!"
"Ooops I see now I missread it it is a separate bowl"
"They are wonderful!!"
"One of my Christmas staples, because they're just so basic that everybody wants one. I also love that it doesn't make a HUGE amount, like most truffle recipes. I do always end up with little rock hard pieces of caramel after refrigerating, but they're pretty easy to pick out when you're rolling. I'm thinking about trying the Caramel Bits next year to get rid of that problem."
"These are awesome .1 question how long do they keep if not frozen ?"