Caramel Snickerdoodle Bars Recipe
What did I do when I couldn't decide between two of my favorite desserts? Combined them! This snickerdoodle-blondie hybrid is even better with my other favorite ingredient: caramel. —Niki Plourde, Gardner, Massachusetts
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cans (13.4 ounces each) dulce de leche
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with parchment paper, letting ends extend over sides by 1 inch.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Spread onto bottom of prepared pan.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 2 tablespoons mixture over batter. Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- 4. Spread dulce de leche over crust. In a small saucepan, combine white baking chocolate, cream and corn syrup; cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Cool slightly. Spread over dulce de leche. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- 5. Lifting with parchment paper, remove from pan. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 bar equals 197 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC