- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cans (13.4 ounces each) dulce de leche
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with parchment paper, letting ends extend over sides by 1 inch.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Spread onto bottom of prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 2 tablespoons mixture over batter. Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Spread dulce de leche over crust. In a small saucepan, combine white baking chocolate, cream and corn syrup; cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Cool slightly. Spread over dulce de leche. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- Lifting with parchment paper, remove from pan. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forCaramel Snickerdoodle Bars
"Delicious. I made this for an event and everyone wanted the recipe. I did not have the problem with it setting up that others had noted. It was actually kind of hard to cut and held it's shape well while sitting out for a while being served."
"It was yummy, but embarrassing. I DID use the exact brand of Nestle La Lechera. I read the recipe a million times trying to figure out how it was ever going to congeal. It was in the refrigerator for 24 hours. As soon as you cut the first piece, all the dulce de leche ran everywhere. It was a mess to bite into because the milk was running all over as you tried to eat it as well. I thought maybe using one can next time? But it's still not going to set or harden, but at least there will be less running. Am I doing something wrong? How do you get it to look like the picture or to harden?"
"These bars are such a special treat. They're so rich, you only need a couple of bites."
"Everyone loved these at the holiday gatherings!"
"Amazing--these were such a hit at our family Christmas dinner. All the flavors of the season and loved by everyone. Surprisingly easy to make. I, too, ended up using white chocolate (vanilla) chips rather than the white chocolate squares--much cheaper and I had it on hand. I will definitely be adding this recipe to my favorite holiday recipes file!"
"JoMP it's simular to sweetened condensed milk found in the Hispanic foods section in a can."
"Now this is going to be the best of then ever. I loved your rec. for snickerdoodle cookies. this will be even beter. thanks. scotty"
"These were absolutely fantastic! Very rich, but so good! I did use Nestle La Lechera dulce de leche. These are good to make for a group of people because it makes quite a bit. Will make again!"
"what is dulce de leche?"
"Thanks for the recip, is there a home version of dulce de leche ?"