Caramel-Pecan Dream Bars Recipe
These ooey-gooey cake bars that pull ever so gently from the pan and hold a firm cut are a baker’s dream come true. —Cay Keppers, Nisswa, Minnesota
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup brickle toffee bits
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat cake mix, butter and egg until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat milk, egg and vanilla until combined. Stir in pecans and toffee bits. Pour over crust.
- 3. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 bar equals 239 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC