Caramel Dumplings Recipe
My family just loves these tender dumplings in a sweet, rich sauce. I love them because they turn out wonderful every time I make them...which is a lot!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped peeled apple, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, heat the butter, brown sugar and water to boiling. Reduce heat to simmer.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the dumplings ingredients. Drop by tablespoonfuls into the simmering sauce. Cover tightly and simmer for 20 minutes. Do not lift lid. Serve warm with cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 336 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 329 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Dumplings
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC