My family just loves these tender dumplings in a sweet, rich sauce. I love them because they turn out wonderful every time I make them...which is a lot!
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped peeled apple, optional
- In a large skillet, heat the butter, brown sugar and water to
- boiling. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Meanwhile, combine the dumplings ingredients. Drop by tablespoonfuls
- into the simmering sauce. Cover tightly and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Do not lift lid. Serve warm with cream or ice cream if desired.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 336 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 329 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.