Caramel Crunch Cake Recipe
I received this recipe from my sister-in-law, and I love how the cake comes together with a convenient mix, water and egg whites. Crushed candy bars make a fun addition to the moist treat. —Heather Dollins of Poplar Bluff, Missouri
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 5 egg whites
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- 5 fun-size Butterfinger candy bars, crushed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water and egg whites; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. With a meat fork or wooden skewer, poke holes about 2 in. apart into cake. Slowly pour condensed milk and caramel topping over cake; sprinkle with two-thirds of the crushed candy bars. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with remaining candy bars. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 18 servings.
1 piece equals 250 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 290 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC