Candy Apple Jelly
With a hint of apple and cinnamon, this jelly spreads cheer from breads to bagels to muffins. Its rosy pink color looks lovely blushing through the food jars I save and decorate with fabric-covered lids. —Betsy Porter, Bismarck, North Dakota
48 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Process: 5 min.
- 4 cups apple juice
- 1/2 cup Red Hots candy
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- In a large saucepan, combine the apple juice, candies and pectin.
- Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into six hot
- sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims.
- Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are
- completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 5
- minutes. Remove jars and cool.
- Yield: about 6 half-pints.