Candy Apple Jelly
With a hint of apple and cinnamon, this jelly spreads cheer from breads to bagels to muffins. Its rosy pink color looks lovely blushing through the food jars I save and decorate with fabric-covered lids. —Betsy Porter, Bismarck, North Dakota
48 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Process: 5 min.
- 4 cups apple juice
- 1/2 cup red-hot candies
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- In a large saucepan, combine the apple juice, candies and pectin.
- Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 2 minutes,
- stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off any foam and discard any undissolved
- candies. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot sterilized half-pint
- jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles, wipe rims and
- adjust lids. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield:
- about 6 half-pints.