Candied Parsnips Recipe
I clipped this recipe 20 years ago. It's a great substitute for candied sweet potatoes.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar, orange juice, honey and salt until smooth. Add parsnips. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until parsnips are tender. Add orange peel. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 314 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 285 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Candied Parsnips
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC