- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar, orange juice, honey and salt until smooth. Add parsnips. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until parsnips are tender. Add orange peel. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forCandied Parsnips
"I had never cooked with parsnips and decided now was the time! (Plus a challenge from Susan!) These were delicious! I took them to a potluck and people raved over them! The kids loved them too!! This recipe is a winner for sure!!"