Cajun Spiced Broccoli
I usually make this minus the Creole seasoning, but a few weeks ago, I decided to try adding a different spice just to see what would happen. I loved it! It's garlicy, spicy and crunchy! —Krista Frank, Krista Frank, Rhododendron, Oregon
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute broccoli
- in oil until crisp-tender, adding the garlic and Creole seasoning
- during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 107 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.