Butterscotch Gingerbread Men Recipe
The addition of butterscotch pudding makes these a little different than most gingerbread cutout recipes. The recipe comes from my mother-in-law's files.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling YIELD:18 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a small bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and pudding mix until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda and cinnamon; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 5-in. gingerbread man cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In another small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Decorate cookies with frosting as desired. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 183 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC