- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Assorted decorator candies
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and pudding mix. Beat in egg. Combine flour, ginger, baking soda and cinnamon; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight. On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 5-in. gingerbread man cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Frost and decorate cookies as desired. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forButterscotch Gingerbread Men
"We added milk to make the dough a little easier to work with. We didn't refrigerate it overnight just stuck it in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes. It was still a little sticky to cut out. The cookies were delicious just hard to cut out with cookie cutters."
"I only cooled about 15 minutes because we were in a hurry. Dough was pretty soft but gently workable.We only used a round cookie cutter. Flavor of these cookies was terrific!"
"I made the dough for this recipe and refrigerated it over night. The dough was crumbly and would not roll out so I ended up tossing it. I'm disappoinated as this recipe sounds yummy. Any ideas on how to get the dough to stick together so it will roll out?"