Butterscotch Cookies Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in toffee bits and pecans. Shape into a 10-in. roll; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap dough and cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 1-2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Freeze option: Place wrapped logs in resealable plastic freezer bag; freeze. To use, unwrap frozen logs and cut into slices. If necessary, let dough stand a few minutes at room temperature before cutting. Bake as directed. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 111 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Butterscotch Cookies
"I will definitely try the butterscotch cookies. Bet they'd be good with butterscotch morsels or a combination of both."