- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in toffee bits and pecans. Shape into a 10-in. roll; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap dough and cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 1-2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Freeze option: Place wrapped logs in resealable plastic freezer bag; freeze. To use, unwrap frozen logs and cut into slices. If necessary, let dough stand a few minutes at room temperature before cutting. Bake as directed. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forButterscotch Cookies
"I will definitely try the butterscotch cookies. Bet they'd be good with butterscotch morsels or a combination of both."