Five ingredients are all you'll need for this sweet sipper. Individual servings of the warm coffee creation are topped with whipped cream and fun garnishes made from melted butterscotch chips. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup butterscotch chips, divided
- 8 cups hot brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 5 to 8 tablespoons sugar
- Whipped cream in a can
- In a microwave, melt 1/2 cup butterscotch chips; stir until smooth.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a
- #4 round tip. Fill with melted chips. Pipe eight garnishes onto a
- waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until set, about 10
- In a large pitcher, stir coffee and remaining butterscotch chips
- until chips are melted. Stir in cream and sugar. Pour into mugs. Top
- each serving with whipped cream and a butterscotch garnish. Yield: 8
- servings (2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (with 3 tablespoons whipped cream) equals 246 calories, 13 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.