Buffalo Beef Burgers
This tangy, amped up burger puts a new twist on buffalo wings.
-Michael Cohen, Los Angeles, California
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 6 kaiser rolls, split
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- In a small bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add mayonnaise and hot sauce; beat until smooth. Set aside.
- Crumble beef into a large bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix
- well. Shape into six patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side
- or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Place on rolls. Top each with 2 tablespoons buffalo mayonnaise and 1
- tablespoon each of celery and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 769 calories, 51 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 141 mg cholesterol, 1,109 mg sodium,