"MOTHER'S SECRET in preparing this recipe was to butter the fish first before dusting it with flour. That seals in the moisture of the fish, which makes it succulent and absolutely delicious."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 orange roughy, red snapper, catfish or trout fillets (6 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Place fish on a broiler rack that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Drizzle 3 tablespoons butter over fillets; dust with flour and
- sprinkle with paprika.
- Broil 5-6 in. from the heat for 5 minutes or until fish just begins
- to brown. Combine lemon juice, parsley, Worcestershire sauce and
- remaining butter; pour over fish. Broil 5 minutes longer or until
- fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 292 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon