Broccoli with Mustard Sauce
"Broccoli is among the vegetables that we are able to grow well, so we eat a lot of it," shares Elizabeth Schuk of Tatlayoko, British Columbia. "Tossing it with this tangy sauce is one of the fun ways I serve it," she notes.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into florets (4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon water, butter, brown sugar and
- mustard; set aside.
- In a skillet or wok, stir-fry broccoli in oil for 1 minute; add
- remaining water. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or
- until crisp-tender. Add mustard sauce and toss to coat. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with reduced-fat margarine) equals 83 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1 fat.