Broccoli with Garlic, Bacon & Parmesan Recipe
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 bunches broccoli (about 3 pounds), stems removed, cut into florets
- 6 thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 to 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Fill a 6-qt. stockpot two-thirds full with water; add salt and bring to a boil over high heat. In batches, add broccoli and cook 2-3 minutes or until broccoli turns bright green; remove with a slotted spoon.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon in pan.
- 3. Add oil to drippings; heat over medium heat. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until garlic is fragrant (do not allow to brown). Add broccoli; cook until broccoli is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in bacon; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 155 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 371mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 2 fat.
Reviews for Broccoli with Garlic, Bacon & Parmesan
"Great side. I didn't have red pepper flakes, but hard to go wrong with bacon and parm."
"A bit spicy but my husband loved it!"
"i like this recipe...easy to make..taste good on top of pasta to..."