- 2 bunches broccoli (about 3 pounds), stems removed, cut into florets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 thick-sliced bacon strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 to 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fill a Dutch oven two-thirds full with water; add salt and bring to a boil. In batches, add broccoli and cook 3-5 minutes or just until crisp-tender; remove with a slotted spoon.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon in pan.
- Add oil to drippings; heat over medium heat. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until garlic is tender, stirring occasionally (do not allow to brown). Add broccoli; cook until broccoli is tender and heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in bacon; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBroccoli with Garlic, Bacon & Parmesan
"I have to give this 5 stars based on ease and taste. Very easy to put together and was devoured by all!"
"Great side. I didn't have red pepper flakes, but hard to go wrong with bacon and parm."
"A bit spicy but my husband loved it!"