Broccoli with Almonds Recipe
Broccoli with Almonds is a tasty dressed up side dish. Verna Puntigan, Pasadena, Maryland, shares the recipe.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring broccoli, water and bouillon to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Drain and place in a serving dish; keep warm.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute almonds in butter until browned. Add onion and salt; saute until onion is tender. Pour over broccoli; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 111 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 618 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC