Broccoli Pie Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups chopped fresh broccoli, cooked
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 unbaked pie pastry (9 inches)
- 1. In a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; add eggs, broccoli, cheeses, salt and nutmeg. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 390 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 157mg cholesterol, 446mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein .
Reviews for Broccoli Pie
"I've been making this for years. (1997 Garden-Fresh Recipes) I sometimes make it without the crust to save calories and it's still wonderful!"
"This was a very successful recipe. The pie was a nice consistency and the broccoli flavor was prominent. Hubby said he would have liked a salty element like bacon, but I pointed out that it was a vegetarian entree."