Broccoli Pie Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups chopped fresh broccoli, cooked
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 unbaked pie pastry (9 inches)
- 1. In a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; add eggs, broccoli, cheeses, salt and nutmeg. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 390 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 157mg cholesterol, 446mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli Pie
"I've been making this for years. (1997 Garden-Fresh Recipes) I sometimes make it without the crust to save calories and it's still wonderful!"
"This was a very successful recipe. The pie was a nice consistency and the broccoli flavor was prominent. Hubby said he would have liked a salty element like bacon, but I pointed out that it was a vegetarian entree."