Everyone seems to enjoy pie for dessert. But I surprised my family the first time I brought this pie to the table as the main course! They loved it and asked for it again and again.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups chopped fresh broccoli, cooked
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 unbaked pie pastry (9 inches)
- In a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl; add eggs, broccoli, cheeses, salt and
- nutmeg. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or
- until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 390 calories, 27 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 157 mg cholesterol, 446 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.