- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups chopped fresh broccoli, cooked
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 unbaked pie pastry (9 inches)
- In a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; add eggs, broccoli, cheeses, salt and nutmeg. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forBroccoli Pie
"My husband and I really liked this, but thought it was lacking something. I wound up adding in some garlic powder and I think that was a good addition. Maybe some green or red pepper. I did find that everything was starting to brown and the pie was done, but the pie pastry in the middle didn't seem cooked all the way. Not sure how to fix that. This was still yummy enough that I'll be making this again, possibly with a few additions."
"I've been making this for years. (1997 Garden-Fresh Recipes) I sometimes make it without the crust to save calories and it's still wonderful!"
"This was a very successful recipe. The pie was a nice consistency and the broccoli flavor was prominent. Hubby said he would have liked a salty element like bacon, but I pointed out that it was a vegetarian entree."