Broccoli Chicken Delight
I often take this dish to new moms in our church. It's great topped off with a salad and fresh bread.Connie Schmidt, Plano, Illinois
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 3-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer broccoli and chicken.
- In a bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry; pour
- over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese and cracker crumbs.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 429 calories, 32 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 627 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.