Brie-Apple Pastry Bites Recipe
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Ground nutmeg
- 1. Unfold puff pastry; cut each sheet into 24 squares. Gently press squares onto the bottoms of 48 greased miniature muffin cups.
- 2. Combine the cheese, apple, nuts and cranberries; spoon into cups. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 85 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer