Brie-Apple Pastry Bites
Just pop one of these tasty morsels into your mouth for a tangy burst of flavor. If you prefer, make half with just apples and walnuts and the rest with cranberries and walnuts. —Judie Thurstenson, Colcord, Oklahoma
48 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Ground nutmeg
- Unfold puff pastry; cut each sheet into 24 squares. Gently press
- squares onto the bottoms of 48 greased miniature muffin cups.
- Combine the cheese, apple, nuts and cranberries; spoon into cups.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 85 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer