Bratwurst Hash Recipe
- 4 uncooked bratwurst links, casings removed
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated diced potatoes with onion
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook bratwurst and green pepper over medium heat 4-6 minutes or just until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into large crumbles.
- 2. Stir in potatoes, corn, red pepper and salt; spread evenly onto bottom of skillet. Cook 10 minutes without stirring. Turn mixture over; cook 7-8 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 506 calories, 31g fat (13g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 1458mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Bratwurst Hash
"A great quick and easy dish! Everyone loved it."
"We loved this. I did use Italian sausage in place of bratwurst. I made this when we had company over and everyone loved it!"
"This recipe is awesome! My husband and daughter went back for seconds, and told me next time to double the recipe. Will def be making this again!"
"Family loved it, easy to make and quick."
"This was a hit with the hubby. I did not use refrigerated diced potatoes, I diced up red potatoes and fried them first with a chopped onion. The roasted red pepper gave this dish a great flavor. Easy to make.Another great way to use bratwurst."
"This was very easy, and good. Not super though. I served it with Ketchup and hot sauce, and that kicked it up a bit. Needed a little more flavor. I also was out of roasted red peppers, so I used fresh red bell peppers instead. May make something similiar again, but probably not this exact recipe."
"This one is a deeper and you can make it your own by adding different spices and ingredients."
"I used fresh corn (I was a little afraid to use frozen...too soggy). I made no other modifications. The dish turned out great. It made great lunch leftovers too."
"great taste and easy to make!! My family loved it!!"
"This recipe was an absolute breeze to make and it's delicious."