Looking for something homey that’s stick-to-your-ribs good? This satisfying, delicious recipe is for you. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 uncooked Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst, casings removed
- 1 cup chopped green pepper, optional
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated diced potatoes with onion
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook bratwurst and green pepper over
- medium heat 4-6 minutes or just until sausage is no longer pink,
- breaking up sausage into large crumbles.
- Stir in potatoes, corn, red pepper and seasoned salt; spread evenly
- onto bottom of skillet. Cook 10 minutes without stirring. Turn
- mixture over; cook 7-8 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 506 calories, 31 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 1,458 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.