Blushing Peach Jam Recipe
My husband, son and I live on 10 acres where we tend a large garden and acres of pumpkins. We love this jam so much we're going to start growing raspberries, too.
- 2 cups crushed peeled peaches
- 2 cups red raspberries, crushed
- 1/4 cup bottled lemon juice
- 7 cups sugar
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the peaches, raspberries and lemon juice. Stir in sugar. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 2. Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Add extract. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot sterilized pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 4 pints.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 89 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC