Blushing Peach Jam
My husband, son and I live on 10 acres where we tend a large garden and acres of pumpkins. We love this jam so much we're going to start growing raspberries, too.
64 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Process: 5 min.
- 2 cups crushed peeled peaches
- 2 cups red raspberries, crushed
- 1/4 cup bottled lemon juice
- 7 cups sugar
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- In a Dutch oven, combine the peaches, raspberries and lemon juice.
- Stir in sugar. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Stir in pectin; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute,
- stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Add extract. Carefully ladle hot
- mixture into hot sterilized pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace.
- Wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling-water
- Yield: 4 pints.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 89 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.