Blueberry Quick Bread Recipe
Most prepackaged quick bread mixes contain very little fruit. But this recipe calls for lots of juicy berries, so it's guaranteed to be moist and delicious.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:32 servings
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in walnuts. In a small bowl, beat eggs, milk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Gently fold in blueberries. Pour into two 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 208 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 208 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC