Most prepackaged quick bread mixes contain very little fruit. But this recipe calls for lots of juicy berries, so it's guaranteed to be moist and delicious.
Recommended: 33 Non-Scary Bread Recipes Anyone Can Bake
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in walnuts. In a small bowl, beat eggs, milk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Gently fold in blueberries. Pour into two 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Blueberry Quick Bread in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p69