Blue Cheese Flat Iron Steak Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 pounds beef flat iron steak or top sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- BLUE CHEESE BUTTER:
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix blue cheese, butter, chives and pepper; set aside. Drain beef, discarding marinade.
- 3. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with blue cheese butter. Yield: 4 servings.
4 ounces cooked beef with 2 tablespoons cheese mixture: 483 calories, 39g fat (15g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 414mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Blue Cheese Flat Iron Steak
"I definitely like the blue cheese butter with the steak!"
"Delicious I would definitely make it again. I love the chive and blue cheese butter. Its so simple quick and easy."
"I made sandwiches out of fresh ciabatta bread - oh my goodness they were good and a big hit with my company. The blue cheese butter was so easy to make and the perfect touch."
"Excellent! I could have eaten the blue cheese butter with a spoon!"
"We made these for our anniversary dinner and they were to die for! Way better than going out to a restaurant!~ Theresa"
"Delicious made to recipe on Weber gas grill"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.