- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 pounds beef flat iron steak or top sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- BLUE CHEESE BUTTER:
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix blue cheese, butter, chives and pepper; set aside. Drain beef, discarding marinade.
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with blue cheese butter. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBlue Cheese Flat Iron Steak
"Excellent! easy and delicious! The only thing I changed was the cooking technique, using my tried and true broiling method of 3 minutes per side for 15-18 minutes. The blue cheese butter really compliments the steak. Definitely will be making repeat performances in my house!"
"We love it. Have fixed this several times and we are having it again tonight. Love the blue cheese butter."
"I definitely like the blue cheese butter with the steak!"
"Excellent! I could have eaten the blue cheese butter with a spoon!"
"We made these for our anniversary dinner and they were to die for! Way better than going out to a restaurant!~ Theresa"
"Delicious made to recipe on Weber gas grill"