BLT with Peppered Balsamic Mayo
Here’s my twist on a classic. Creamy avocado, balsamic mayo and crisp salad greens make this version legendary in my book. For a lighter take, I often use turkey bacon. —Ami Boyer, San Francisco, CA
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 bacon strips, halved
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices bread, toasted
- 2 cups spring mix salad greens
- 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove
- to paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, vinegar, pepper and salt. Spread
- half of the mixture over four toast slices. Layer with bacon, salad
- greens, tomatoes and avocado. Spread remaining mayonnaise over
- remaining toast; place over top. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 501 calories, 37 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 870 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 11 g protein.