BLT with Peppered Balsamic Mayo Recipe
Here’s my twist on a classic. Creamy avocado, balsamic mayo and crisp salad greens make this version legendary in my book. For a lighter take, I often use turkey bacon. —Ami Boyer, San Francisco, CA
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 8 bacon strips, halved
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices bread, toasted
- 2 cups spring mix salad greens
- 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, vinegar, pepper and salt. Spread half of the mixture over four toast slices. Layer with bacon, salad greens, tomatoes and avocado. Spread remaining mayonnaise over remaining toast; place over top. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich equals 501 calories, 37 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 870 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC