Black Hills Golden Egg Bake Recipe
I developed this recipe when I was cooking for large groups of people. It's easy to make and gives you plenty of time to do other things while it's baking.
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1. In a small skillet, saute mushrooms and green pepper in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, flour, baking powder and salt if desired. Add mushroom mixture. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 25-35 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 354 calories, 26 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 241 mg cholesterol, 639 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Black Hills Golden Egg Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC