Black Hills Golden Egg Bake Recipe
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1. In a small skillet, saute mushrooms and green pepper in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, flour, baking powder and salt if desired. Add mushroom mixture. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 25-35 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 piece: 354 calories, 26g fat (14g saturated fat), 241mg cholesterol, 639mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, trace fiber), 21g protein
Reviews for Black Hills Golden Egg Bake
"I made half this recipe for Easter breakfast. I used reduced fat cheeses and turkey sausage to lighten it up a bit. Good, but lacked flavor and I don't think it needs the flour and baking powder as it was pretty dense. I did not add salt because of the bacon."
"This is one of my favorite breakfast items for when I have company. Everyone loves it all the time."
"Easy abd delicious"