Bing Cherry Delight
From Burlington, Texas, Carol Jackson submits this frozen treat. Featuring cherries, pecans and a cookie-crumb topping, the frosty dessert has a refreshing cherry-lemon flavor that'll have guests asking for seconds.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 7 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 can (16-1/2 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries, drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 15 wafers)
- In a large bowl, combine milk and lemon juice. Fold in cherries. In a
- bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold cream and
- pecans into cherry mixture.
- Spread into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. dish; sprinkle with wafer
- crumbs. Cover and freeze overnight or until firm. May be frozen for
- up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before cutting.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 439 calories, 27 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.