- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, bring chicken broth and reserved
- drippings to a boil. Add the mushrooms, celery, carrots, onion and
- pepper; simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Make a well in the center.
- Beat egg, milk and oil; pour into well. Stir together, forming a
- dough. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Divide
- into thirds. Roll out each portion to 1/8-in. thickness; cut to
- desired width.
- Freeze two portions to use at another time. Bring soup to a boil. Add
- one portion of noodles; cook for 7-9 minutes or until noodles are
- almost tender. Add chicken; heat through.
- Yield: 10 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 330 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 1,087 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.