Best Beef Fajitas Recipe
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (1/2 pound)
- 1/2 each medium sweet red and green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Sour cream, salsa and shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat. Pour remaining marinade into another large resealable plastic bag; add peppers and onion. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate beef and vegetables overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade; set vegetables aside. Grill beef, covered, over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, place vegetables in a grill wok or basket. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Thinly slice steak across the grain; place on tortillas. Top with vegetables; roll up. Serve with sour cream, salsa and cheese if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
2 each: 597 calories, 24g fat (5g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 646mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Best Beef Fajitas
"Try it for yourself. IT WAS AWESOME!!"
"This was very good, and easy. I used top sirloin, not flank steak. I omitted the onion but added corn and tomatoes. I also added some chili pepper, coriander, and cumin. I also had to cook the whole thing on the stove top because it was too cold to BBQ. Turned out great, my whole family loved it, and another family I made it for!"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.