Best Beef Fajitas Recipe
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (1/2 pound)
- 1/2 each medium sweet red and green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Sour cream, salsa and shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat. Pour remaining marinade into another large resealable plastic bag; add peppers and onion. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate beef and vegetables overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade; set vegetables aside. Grill beef, covered, over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, place vegetables in a grill wok or basket. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Thinly slice steak across the grain; place on tortillas. Top with vegetables; roll up. Serve with sour cream, salsa and cheese if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
2 fajitas (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 597 calories, 24 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 646 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.