- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (1/2 pound)
- 1/2 each medium sweet red and green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Sour cream, salsa and shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat. Pour remaining marinade into another large resealable plastic bag; add peppers and onion. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate beef and vegetables overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade; set vegetables aside. Grill beef, covered, over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place vegetables in a grill wok or basket. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Thinly slice steak across the grain; place on tortillas. Top with vegetables; roll up. Serve with sour cream, salsa and cheese if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forBest Beef Fajitas
"Try it for yourself. IT WAS AWESOME!!"
"This was very good, and easy. I used top sirloin, not flank steak. I omitted the onion but added corn and tomatoes. I also added some chili pepper, coriander, and cumin. I also had to cook the whole thing on the stove top because it was too cold to BBQ. Turned out great, my whole family loved it, and another family I made it for!"