- Remove from the heat and stir a small amount of hot filling into egg;
- return all to the saucepan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; gently stir
- in vanilla and almond extract if desired. Cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into
- filling. Pour into pastry shell. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- About 2 hours before serving, prepare glaze. In a large saucepan,
- combine crushed strawberries and water; cook for 2 minutes. Combine
- sugar and cornstarch; gradually add to the pan. Cook and stir until
- thickened and clear; strain. Cool for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange quartered strawberries and raspberries over
- filling; pour glaze evenly over berries. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.