Beer-Battered Potato Wedges
Serve these wonderful wedges just about anytime. These potatoes are really good with hamburgers. They're just like the ones served in restaurants. —Pat Miller, Lynnville, Tennessee
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Sour cream, optional
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-12
- minutes or just until tender, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, whisk the flour, milk, egg, seasoned
- salt, oil and pepper until smooth. Stir in beer; set aside.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut each into 12 wedges. In
- an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Dip
- potato wedges into batter. Fry in batches for 3-4 minutes or until
- golden brown, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Serve
- with sour cream if desired. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 6 wedges (calculated without sour cream) equals 267 calories, 13 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 589 mg sodium,