- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Sour cream, optional
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-12 minutes or just until tender, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, whisk the flour, milk, egg, seasoned salt, oil and pepper until smooth. Stir in beer; set aside.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut each into 12 wedges. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Dip potato wedges into batter. Fry in batches for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forBeer-Battered Potato Wedges
"Good side dish with burgers, especially served with ranch dressing"
"These were really bland which is surprising with the amount of salt used & the batter was way too thick."