Beefy Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2/3 cup cubed cooked roast beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and mushrooms in butter until onion is tender; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. In a small bowl, whisk flour and broth until smooth; gradually add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Add the roast beef, garlic powder, paprika, pepper, salt, pepper sauce and onion mixture; cook and stir until heated through. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 3 cups.
1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat butter; calculated without mozzarella cheese) equals 151 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 472 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Beefy Mushroom Soup
"This will be a regular lunch item for me and a great cold weather meal for the whole family. Check out the calories!"
"Very good, just be careful on the dash of hot sauce. I used beef stew meat instead of roast beef and it turned out well."