Beef Veggie Soup Recipe
Brimming with chunks of beef, potatoes, carrots, green beans and mushrooms, this satisfying soup is a meal in itself. "When unexpected guests come to visit, this is one of my favorite recipes to prepare because it's ready in no time," says Ruby Williams of Bogalusa, Louisiana. "I like to serve it with warm corn bread and a fruit salad."
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 cups cubed cooked beef
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the broth, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in potatoes and carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- 2. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup: 161 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 661mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Beef Veggie Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC