- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes (about 3 medium), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked roast beef
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Place first seven ingredients in a 6 qt. stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until carrots are crisp-tender, 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews forBeef Veggie Soup
"This was ok. For starters, I felt it needed more seasoning and a longer cooking time. On the up side, it is healthy and nourishing."
"This is my family's favorite soup. The seasonings are just right! I make this several times/year."