Basil Parmesan Shrimp Recipe
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1. For dressing, combine 1/4 cup oil, basil, vinegar, 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and sugar in a saucepan over low heat. Meanwhile, combine shrimp and remaining cheese.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat butter and remaining oil. Add shrimp; saute for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain on paper towels. Serve on lettuce; drizzle with warm dressing. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 319 calories, 28 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 346 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 15 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.