- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- Lettuce leaves
- For dressing, combine 1/4 cup oil, basil, vinegar, 1 tablespoon Parmesan and sugar in a saucepan over low heat.
- Meanwhile, combine shrimp and remaining Parmesan. In a skillet, heat butter and remaining oil. Add shrimp and saute until they turn pink, about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Serve on lettuce; drizzle with warm dressing. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forBasil Parmesan Shrimp
"Delicious -- except that I skipped the cooking the shrimp in butter and sauteed it in the dressing without the Parmesan. Sprinkled the cheese over and drizzled with the rest of the dressing. Served sprinkled with fresh grated Parmesan. Superb!Suspect this would be great chilled but it didn't last that long."