Basic Banana Muffins
As a snack or with a meal, these moist muffins go over great with the kids. The muffins fill them up and get them to eat nutritious bananas at the same time.—Lorna Greene, Harrington, Maine
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. In another bowl, mash the
- bananas. Add egg, oil and vanilla; mix well. Stir into the dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin
- cups half full.
- Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to
- a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 209 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.